ZX88 ZX88 Flange Towbar Mounted Cycle Carrier 3/4 bikes (includes retaining strap with metal buckle)
The Witter award winning range of towbar mounted Cycle Carriers have been designed to be simple and easy to use.
The weight of the cycles is fully supported by the towbar.
Durable powder coat finish
Easy to store.
Supplied with full comprehensive fitting instructions.
A full installation video can be downloaded from this website.
+500mm for ferry dimensions
For vehicles without a spare wheel attached to the rear door. (Maximum capacity 65kg)
Installation And Assembly
1. Check that all of the components listed above are contained in the box
2. Mount column support bracket (A) between the towbar and the towball (if fitted) with the vertical tube on the right hand side, using the M16 coupling bolts supplied with the towbar. The torque settings for these bolts is 252Nm (172 lbs/ft).
4. Locate the support arms (C) onto the column (B) and press the lower of the two spring buttons allowing the support arms (C) to drop and "click" into place. As before, the upper spring button must be visible in the hole in the support arms (C) for these to be secure
5. Attach buckle of retaining strap (R) to the welded D Ring on the carrier arms (C), by passing the buckle through the metal loop and then through the strap loop, as shown, and pull tight.
6. Attach the padded tube of the retaining strap (R) to the vehicle by "trapping" the padded tube either inside the vehicle door, boot or hatch, as shown. A 01 transparent self adhesive wear strip (T) is supplied to stick to the vehicle where the strap passes over the edge of the vehicle bodywork to prevent chaffing of paint work. Where the carrier is fitted to a vehicle with tall vertical doors and the angle of the strap to the horizontal exceeds 45 degrees, the strap should be passed (and trapped) through and NOT over the doors
7. When securely attached, tension the retaining strap to take up all of the slack prior to loading any cycles. Secure the loose end of the strap by wrapping it around the carrier arms and tie off through the metal loop. This will prevent possible chaffing of the cycles due to the loose strap "flapping" at speed.
Carrier Removal Instructions
- (After removal of cycles) De-tension retaining strap (R) and separate the two halves by pulling the strap through the metal buckle
- Attach buckle of retaining strap (R) to the welded D Ring on the carrier arms (C), by passing the buckle through the metal loop and then through the strap loop, as shown, and pull tight.
- Remove column (B) by depressing the visible and upper of the two spring buttons and lift up column (B) whilst the button is depressed.
- Fit the moulded weather cap (W) to prevent the ingress of dirt and dust
No posts found