Witter Cycle Carrier ZX108
ZX108 ZX108 Flange Towbar Mounted Cycle Carrier 3/4 bikes for vehicle with Spare Wheel overhang up to 187mm
The Witter Flange Towbar Mounted Cycle Carrier is designed for vehicles with a rear door mounted spare wheel, so no dismantling of your vehicle is necessary. Perfect for those looking for a simple, easy, reliable bike rack.
Includes straps for the securing of bikes.
The weight of the cycles is fully supported by the towbar.
Durable powder coat finish.
Small build design makes the carrier easy to store.
Supplied with full comprehensive fitting instructions.
Maximum rear overhang 187 mm
Maximum capacity 65 kg
+800mm for ferry dimensions
A 1 Column Support Bracket
B 1 Column R
C 1 Cycle Support Arms
R 1 Retaining Strap
S 3 Bungee Straps
T 1 Self Adhesive wear strip
W 1 Dust Cap
Installation And Assembly
- Check that all of the components listed above are contained in the box.
- Mount column support bracket (A) between the towbar and the towball (if fitted) with the vertical tube on the right hand side, using the M16 coupling bolts supplied with the towbar. The torque settings for these bolts is 252 Nm (172 lbs/ft).
- Locate column (B) into column support bracket (A) with the buttons directly above one of the holes on the column support bracket tube and press the uppermost of the two spring buttons on the bottom of the column. This allows the column to drop and "click" into place. The lower spring button must be visible in the hole (X) in the column support bracket (A) for the column to be secure.
Note: The column is identical at both ends and therefore does not have a specific top or bottom.
4. Locate the support arms (C) onto the column (B) and press the lower of the two spring buttons allowing the support arms (C) to drop and "click" into place. As before, the upper spring button must be visible in the hole in the support arms (C) for these to be secure.
5. Attach buckle of retaining strap (R) to the welded D Ring on the carrier arms (C), by passing the buckle through the metal loop and then through the strap loop, as shown and pull tight.
6. Attach the padded tube of the retaining strap (R) to the vehicle by "trapping" the padded tube either inside the vehicle door, boot or hatch, as shown. A 01 transparent self adhesive wear strip (T) is supplied to stick to the vehicle where the strap passes over the edge of the vehicle bodywork to prevent chaffing of paint work. Where the carrier is fitted to a vehicle with tall vertical doors and the angle of the strap to the horizontal exceeds 45 degrees, the strap should be passed (and trapped) through and NOT over the doors.
7. When securely attached, tension the retaining strap to take up all of the slack prior to loading any cycles. Secure the loose end of the strap by wrapping it around the carrier arms and tie off through the metal loop. This will prevent possible chaffing of the cycles due to the loose strap "flapping" at speed.
8. The carrier is now ready for attaching the cycles. See sheet 2 for recommendations of usage.
Note: When 2 or less cycles are being carried the use of retaining strap (R) is not essential.
Carrier Removal Instructions
- (After removal of cycles) De-tension retaining strap (R) and separate the two halves by pulling the strap through the metal buckle.
- Attach buckle of retaining strap (R) to the welded D Ring on the carrier arms (C), by passing the buckle through the metal loop and then through the strap loop, as shown and pull tight.
- Remove column (B) by depressing the visible and upper of the two spring buttons and lift up column (B) whilst the button is depressed.
- Fit the moulded weather cap (W) to prevent the ingress of dirt and dust.
No posts found
No FAQ found