Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The following conditions apply to and are deemed to be incorporated in all contracts for sale and supply of the company's services and materials.
By purchasing an item from P.F.Jones Ltd you are agreeing to abide by the following Terms and Conditions.
Ordering from us:
The placing of an order expresses acceptance of our terms and conditions of business. These terms and conditions do not affect the customer's statutory rights.
All prices shown include Value Added Tax (VAT) at the statutory rate current at the date of invoice. The company reserves the right to alter prices and / or specifications at any time and without prior notice.
Contract to supply goods at the price stated has not been confirmed until the order has been placed, payment has been made and confirmation of the goods has been dispatched via email to the customer. P.F.Jones Ltd may withdraw this offer to supply up until the point of dispatch confirmation.
We are only able to ship to fixed residential or business addresses to certain countries within the EU. Please call 0161 886 5796 to see if postage is possible to your area. We are unable to ship to BFPO or PO Box addresses.
Payment for items purchased through eBay must be made within 5 working days of the initial order. Accepted payment methods are shown in both our eBay item listing and payment page on our website. P.F.Jones Ltd reserves the right to notify eBay of any unpaid items via any appropriate method - including the feedback system and the Non Payer system.
No goods shall pass from the company to the customer unless and until the customer has made full and complete payment to the company. If payment is not made in full and the goods have been shipped, then P.F.Jones Ltd retains title of goods. If payment is made and then is withdrawn once goods have been shipped, P.F.Jones Ltd will seek to recover the goods or the value of the goods plus expenses. Interest will be charged at the rate of 8% above bank base rate.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the correct item has been chosen to fit the vehicle supplied. The make, model and year stated refer to the production run of the vehicle not necessarily the actual year of the vehicle. If clarification is required please check prior to ordering. If the incorrect product is supplied due to a failure of this, then P.F.Jones Ltd will exchange the goods for the correct parts.
Within the items specifics as stated on P.F.Jones’ website it shows detail on what is involved with the fitment of the equipment. This information is passed to us from the items’ manufacturer. P.F.Jones Ltd cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies with this data, and the items’ fitting instructions take precedence.
We request that customers do not arrange for the fitment of the item until delivery has been made and they have checked to ensure that the equipment supplied is correct or not faulty in any way. P.F.Jones Ltd cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred because of this reason.
Our usual delivery will be 1-2 working days from receipt of order. You will be kept informed of the progress of your order and parcel-tracking data will be sent to you by email. Once the item has left us we are in the hands of the carrier in order for them to attain the target delivery time. We do supply contact details for the carrier upon the order being dispatched. Please contact our office if you need us to chase delivery.
IMPORTANT - IF THE ITEM IS DELIVERED DAMAGED YOU MUST SIGN FOR IT AS DAMAGED AND NOTIFY US WITHIN 24 HOURS, OR WE CANNOT MAKE A CLAIM FOR MISSING GOODS AND CANNOT REPLACE THEM FREE OF CHARGE.
The company guarantees that should our products not be to the standard, or in any way different from that advertised, and the item is less then 30 days old from the purchase date, we will refund the price paid for the item upon receipt back to our office.
If the item develops a fault and it is over 30 days from the purchase date, then we will either arrange for the item to be repaired, or provide a like for like replacement. No claim for any losses relating to a problem with the item can be made. Complaints or non-receipt of goods must be reported to the company in writing within 10 working days of order date.
P.F.Jones Ltd will not be held responsible for any costs incurred due to a faulty product by the customer unless they have been agreed, with prior arrangement by P.F.Jones. This clause does not affect your statutory rights. The company does not accept responsibility for damage to any equipment in which our products are used for the purpose other than those for which it was designed.
Customers have 7 working days to return any goods from receipt of them for reasons other than the item being faulty or errors made by P.F.Jones Ltd. We do not accept goods back outside this time frame.
If you wish to return items the options are as follows.
1. You arrange for the items to be shipped back to our offices under your own method of carriage. The customer is liable for the safe transportation of the goods until they are received back at the company's office. Upon receipt of the full goods back in a saleable condition, a refund for the purchase price of the goods paid will be made back to the original method of payment.
2. FOR UK ADDRESSES ONLY. We can arrange for the item to be collected from the place of delivery. There is a charge of upto £50 for U.K. addresses only. This is the pure cost of arranging for a carrier to collect the item and transport it back to us. The purchaser must ensure that they are available at the arranged date and time for collection of the item. Failure to be available will result in an abortive charge by the carrier and this will be passed onto the purchaser.
For both methods, the items must be in their original packaging and unused. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the items are packaged in order to protect them for the return journey.
All loose components must be securely fastened. Any damage caused because of failure of this will result in the cost being deducted out of any refund due to the customer. If the item is returned used then no refund will be given.
The item will be available for collection from our office for a period of two weeks from receipt. After this time the item will be disposed of.
No items for returns can be accepted at the company offices without prior agreement and without a copy of the RMA which has to be completed on our website and a link emailed to you.
For us customer service is our top priority and we want to assist you as much as possible. Occasionally things can go wrong, for example a courier can lose a parcel or an item can get missed out of an order, and when this does happen please call us and we will do everything appropriate to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible.
Please don’t take your frustrations out on our staff by giving them a torrent of abuse or by making unrealistic demands. We won’t put a replacement order in a taxi; we won’t pay £2000 compensation because a order didn’t arrive on the correct day due to a courier miss-sort. If a customer is abusive we will simply cancel the order and refund if the goods have not been received.
Transit Terms and Conditions
We select a number of carriers on your behalf in order to transport the package to you as quickly as possible. However, in the unfortunate circumstance that there is a problem, call 0161 886 5796 or email: email@example.com. The following terms and conditions apply, and by agreeing to accept the transit insurance, you are agreeing to also abide by these terms and conditions.
* If an item is received damaged we must be notified within 24 hours of the parcel being delivered. This can be either in writing, by email, or by calling our office. If by email, you must receive a response within 24 hours (automated response not included) otherwise you must call our office.
* We will then receive a claim number from the carrier, and the replacement or missing items will then be dispatched out to you upon the original item being collected.
* You agree to cooperate with any investigation made by the carrier, and with arranging a convenient time for the damaged item to be collected. If the carrier has been unable to collect the item from the customer due to the fault of the customer, we reserve the right to charge the customer for the replacement on the original method of purchase.
*If paid by Paypal / Paypoint.net, a card number will have to be taken prior to dispatching out a replacement.
*Missing Parcels: If your parcel is missing, this will have to be verified with the carrier. As soon as they issue a claims number, a replacement will be dispatched using the same service method.
* If the original item has been found, it must be refused by the customer so it can be returned to sender. If it is accepted and we are informed that the customer has received both items, it has to be returned to P.F.Jones Ltd at the customers cost, or both items can be charged to the customer
Price Match Terms and Conditions
We actively check prices of our competitors on a constant basis, however we do miss a cheaper price from time to time.
On any tow bar package which is the same as we are offering, we will match the price. This is subject to the following terms and conditions.
* We will only price match on tow bars or cycle carriers. This price match guarantee does not cover accessories or any other products featured on our website.
* We will only price match by using the price match form on our site.
* We will only price match on a like for like basis. For example, the tow bar must be made by the same manufacturer and include the same accessories.
* The item must be in stock and available from the competitor.
* This is only offered on new products and does not include second hand items.
* Items which are offered on auction websites such as Ebay, are not included.
*If you do discover a cheaper price, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01618865796.
Towbars & the Law
European Law states that all light passenger vehicles registered on or after the 1st August 1998 require a type approved tow bar tested to EC94/20, and tow ball with suitable D&S value. (The correct tow ball will either be supplied free of charge with your tow bar or can be purchased as an upgrade). This is not retrospective and does not affect any vehicle registered before this date. Other vehicles not subject to type approval are commercial vehicles, car derived vans and motor caravans.
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
You understand that you, and not PFJones.co.uk, are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the website for lawful purposes only.
You must not use the website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam"
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
We check all orders to ensure that they are not fraudulent. This protects us as a merchant from chargeback’s by credit card companies and protects customers as we vigilantly screen orders. Obviously we can't disclose our processes for checking orders for potential fraud but by including your telephone number and email address when you order it can speed up the manual verification process should we need to contact you.
If we are not satisfied with the authenticity of an order we will not despatch it and refund the payment.
All orders detected as fraud are reported to the authorities and added to our internal fraud screen systems.
Privacy and Data Protection
P.F.Jones Ltd will not share any address, contact details or payment details with any other parties.
We may contact you to advise you of any special offers. If you do not wish to receive this notification, please let us know in writing.
All tow bars are designed with the aid of the latest CAD technology to fit precisely to the vehicle manufacturer's designated mounting points, and are renowned for their ease of fit and unobtrusive appearance.
Once the design is tested and approved to rigorous European standard EC94/20, it is then manufactured by our experienced production team using only certified British steel, and finished in a high quality primer.
British & European Standards
All tow bars comply with ISO 1102 and (BS AU 113), which specifies the dimensions and location of the tow bar to ensure a safe and level towing height between 350mm and 420mm from the ground to the centre of the tow ball. EC94/20 the European Regulation: the tow bars are totally committed to conform to this standard, and continue to have a full testing program in conjunction with the Vehicle Certification Agency.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
Notwithstanding anything herein contained we are not to be held liable for any delay or failure to carry out the order through circumstances beyond our control